Monday, June 23, 2008

just another manic monday

didn't want to get out of bed this morning... so I slept in til 6:02! got the dogs out, got the kid up, got into the shower, used my stupid new conditioner I broke down and spoiled myself that I got at Aveda ( favorite store ) some stupid conditioner ( i picked up the wrong one that is why its stupid ) that colors your hair- what ever! rushed in and out of the shower, put the dogs back up, forgot to give the kid her adderall, the kid couldn't find her shoes, so she had to wear her back up pair - (which she was NOT happy about)got her on the school bus, rushed to my daily Starbucks and got my crack. got to work to pull out my productivity booster (aka adderall) and realized for some stupid reason I took it out of my bag and left it at home. omg- talk about feeling panic- talk about pressure - omg gotta make it gotta make it kept going thru my head even as the after lunch sleepies set in and my eyelids got heavier and heavier. But I did meet productivity - i coded 30 charts today. phew okay day is over - walked to my car - i got princess parking this morning!
home now- walk in the door and the kid is already bombarding me to come play with her with her new 'swing ball' kinda like a tether ball but with a tennis ball. As I am enjoying my venture with the kid, then the boy, older taller one comes up to me and mutters some strange words about a man wanting to see an id of one his friends and he called the sheriff. Now i am totally confused- the boy had two of his high school friends over but why would some one be asking for their i.d.? so i walk out, there is a man in his little pick up truck "ma'm i need to talk to you. your son's friend was walking in the neighborhood and I asked him what he was doing, where he was from, where was he going, and to see his i.d. and he doesn't have i.d. on him .I called the sheriff and they are on their way out here - if that sheriff asked to see his i.d. and he doesn't have one - he can take him straight to jail"
by this time i totally feel like i am in the twilight zone 'wtf' keeps going thru my head.
I turn around to see an unfamiliar face amongst the boy and his friends. I could not speak for who this boy was. The man in the pick up truck happens to be our 'neighborhood watch/vigilante ' who takes his volunteer position very seriously! Sharing with me all the break ins and drug dealings that go on in this neighborhood, that the sheriff's department, and the DEA amongst other law enforcement agencies are watching this neighborhood. He must have seen a look of horror on my face because finally after he ripped me a new butt hole, he settled down to introduce himself - and hell if I can remember his name nor do I care what his name is.
the kid that was walking over to our house was stopped for walking to our house from his neighborhood - a couple streets away was African American young man, dressed in the hip hop -ish fashion that many young kids wear today - who is very new to the Woodlands area- just moving here from Houston, just graduated high school and is looking forward to starting college in the fall. Because of his race and his choice of clothing apparel he was judged unfairly as a potential threat to our 'precious woodlands neighborhood' and by his presence will bring in gangs - according to the Neighborhood Nazi -
seriously? .... dude are you serious? I couldn't even believe i was in this situation.
My son and his friend play basketball with their other high school friends at a park close to our house. one day they see this guy just shooting some hoops by himself - they asked him if he wanted to play 21 and a friendship was formed. so that is how this young man came to be in this situation- innocently walking to our house to play PS3 .
Enters the sheriff that was called by the vigilante neighborhood watch dog (other names come to mind but wouldn't be very polite.)
i walk up with "T "to the sheriff's car- i listened to what "T "had to say to the sheriff and it was pretty much the same story that vigilante dude" told me.
the sheriff listened and was very cool. Actually laughed when "T told him that vigilante dude demanded to see his i.d. . I was half expecting the sheriff to talk to me as well but it didn't happen. honestly, i think the sheriff was more aggravated that vigilante dude actually called him to check on T. talk about racial profiling!
but that whole scenario got me pretty shook up- then i decide to go and get the mail.
there lay a big 'ol envelope for me from McDonald's corporation- and i knew what that was... my divorce papers or "your booted off the insurance policy due to the termination of your domestic partnership" i don't know why but it hit me like a ton of brick- between swing ball, vigilantes, racial profiling, and now my divorce papers- i just had to lay my head down and cry for a little bit.
this is very hard....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Racial profiling is ABSURD. I am sickened that this situation happened. How was the boy afterward?

What a rough day... Wish you lived closer. (hug)